Monday, August 1, 2011

Living on a Food Stamp Budget Month 2 Day 1

I begin with 8.95.


I quickly start to diminish that amount by  having two coffee this morning.
.50

I had no appetite so I delayed eating until I could manage it. More leftovers were on the menu. I had 8 of the dumplings with the rest of the leftover green bean tofu mix. (tofu was fermented and non GMO).

I was full for a long time. As a late lunch I had a can of Campbell's chicken noodle soup.
.89

Canned soup is not a common food in my house. On month one I dropped two pounds and am having trouble keeping my sodium at normal levels. This soup at one can a day for a few days is enough to restore sodium. I don't know why it works better than extra salt on food, but it does. I take it like medicine in that sense.

At dinner time I wanted to get rid of the leftover chicken, and in the process created more leftovers.

I made enchiladas out of the leftover chicken. The corn tortillas were cheap .33. The sauce was a can of tomatoes with a lot of seasoning .97. I used a lot of cheese 1.86 (6 oz.)and two fresh tomatoes .40.

This made 13 enchiladas. I created a new leftover!!

My cost came to .27 per enchilada. I had 3 for dinner with iced tea.
3 enchilada .81
Iced tea .03

I also had some of the birthday wine I had opened the other night. No cost but calories.

After dinner I had a third of a pound of strawberries.
.50
1,558 calories and I feel stuffed. My body is getting used to less food.

2.73 day cost.

I carry over 6.22

No comments: