Saturday, April 28, 2012

Less Rigid, more mistakes

I had a smaller amount of Lavash with sausage this morning alongside my coffee and slightly more than a cup of spicy pinto beans. I thought it was a great breakfast.

While beans are 'good carbs' I still came in at 60 grams which is my absolute maximum for a meal; 38% of my total calories.

This was followed by a kid's birthday party (dont' ask, but I ate nothing) and then a snack of a cup of chicken noodle soup one apple and 2 ounces of cheddar.

At work I grazed.1/4 cup of chicken chili, and 1/4 cup of cole slaw, of course that made me hungry when coming home.

I REALLY wanted to get one of my favorite rice plates at ABC my local Chinese restaurant, in my mind I could taste those spicy shrimp over rice. However the rice plates serve a lot of rice, about 3 cups and I knew that if I ordered I would eat it all. It took every ounce of willpower but I ordered congee.

Congee or jook is a very small amount of rice cooked in a broth until it breaks down and the broth is thickened. This Congee had preserved egg and dried oyster. I had half of the order by which time my sauteed big oysters were ready. I still wanted a plate of rice but I resisted. I had a small glass of wine, which helped.

My day had a decent ratio for the day with carbs coming in at 34% and calories 1,842.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your honesty, you say when you get it right and how difficult it can be.

When you did the food stamp project I got a real idea of how hard it must be for families.

I also follow you on Huffington Post and saw the article from the woman on food stamps and how when 'she used to work in a grocery store people bought steak and lobster' but since she use food stamps correctly she deserved them.

She comes across as hateful, horrible and entitled.