Monday, August 3, 2009

Day 3 vegetables...


I ate well today, I heated up a very generous portion of the vegetables Anna for breakfast with some very good coffee and some fruit.

For lunch I dined very simply with some cucumber tomato salad.

It was a hot day in NY so I had little appetite for dinner despite a serious gym visit. I made a salad. A head of romaine, a head of Radicchio, a bag of Trader Joe's organic spring mix and dressing. This salad filled my largest mixing bowl. My favorite thing on top of a salad with vinegar is poached eggs and lardons. I was tempted, I had some house-cured pancetta that I could have easily crisped and tossed with those greens and eggs, but when I pushed them aside I came across a container of pitted black olives so I used those for my salt fix. In my entire life I don't think I have ever had a salad this large.

My nutritional chart checked out, my A and C were off the charts and everything else was in a healthy range.

I may make an effort to pack in a few more calories tomorrow. I typically consume about 2,600 a day and this is a big drop, but I look good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Over the last year I torqued up the amount of fruit and vegetables in our diet.

I love a good salad. But I gotta have a little bit of spicy meat. Either grilled chicken or pepperoni. Just little bits of it.

And yes, black olives!

Karl said...

Don't mention pepperoni, I have 4 more days to go and I love pepperoni.

Salty cured meats are my favorite.

Anonymous said...

I am on my third day and my family has not even noticed, but last night I got one of the biggest compliments on a meal I had received in a long time.

I made your vegetables Anna along with a big chopped vegetable salad and an egg torte with tomatoes and Wisconsin mozzarella.

My KIDS said it was one of the best meals I had ever made.

Not relying on a roast does make you get creative, and not to be gross but my IBS is not happening this week.