Saturday, February 28, 2009

Zucchini Lemone

This dish is so easy I am ashamed to call it a recipe. It has a Kim Chee element to it's flavor that I really like and makes a great side or base for a bit of fish. I am a little tired of the winter, and the fact that I have often grown zucchini puts me in a summer mood. It is available and low priced year round.

2 large zucchini grated
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons sugar

Sprinkle with salt and sugar and toss. Let it rest in a colander for the excess water to drip out for about an hour and give a squeeze as you remove from the colander so it isn't soggy.

Juice of one lemon
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 tablespoon hot sauce (or Asian style chili paste)
1 dash soy sauce

Mix and dress the zucchini and let sit in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it. It is so tangy and delightful your mouth will think it's summer.

No comments: