Thursday, February 26, 2009

Scallops with Anchovy Sauce Recipe


I am not a fan of either religion nor religious holidays but all the ashes on folks foreheads reminded me yesterday that this is the season that many catholics give up meat and/or chocolate. I give up organized religion for lent, and for Christmas, and over the summer, actually I just gave it up.


Don't confine this sauce to scallops, it is great on shrimp, fish fillet, even vegetables...just follow the same directions.


4 appetizer portions


16 dry scallops

2 tablespoons butter

1 teaspoon Cayenne

8 anchovies cut into bits

1/2 cup white wine

2 tablespoons capers


Sear the scallops in butter and remove to a warm plate. De-glaze the pan with the wine, throw in everything else and reduce by 50% over a high flame. Pour over fish. Tastes way better than a communion wafer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used the sauce for Tilapia...it is delish! Thanks.